Ford, Chevy, or Dodge ???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bgaston, May 30, 2002.

1. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I get 17 on the highway and 10 to 12 in town and pulling. Its not the greatest on gas but then again thats not why I bought it. It pulls like a tractor, and will stop when you need it too.
    Ihave found that if I keep it under 2000rpm on the hwy it will do evenbetter but who enjoy running the speed limit.

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

My Power Stroke doesn't do any better on the road. But does 11 to 13 in town.
    I am thinking of propane injection for my truck. Some guys claim to get 30 mpg with that. I could work with that.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Ford PowerStroke

4. karl klein

karl klein LawnSite Member

duramax

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i love chevy's, but not so much that i dont like the others.

it depends on the application. for maintenance only, i really like the 2wd F-150. stylish, inexpensive. enough to pull a trailer.

but for plowing, and/or landscaping, you need more. but never really likes the F-250. interior looks bus-like. so chevy's for me if its a 3/4 ton

BUT chevy has no SRW one ton:mad: i guess the HD is almost one?

with SRW one tons, ford and dodge win there.

lasher, i've got a 2001 ram 1500 reg cab 4x4. not my friends, not my neighbors brothers, but MINE. its had over $10 000 work done already. thats all i'll say.

the new ram's look good, really like the interior, but be wary of first year of a new model. they'll need to get some bugs out.

and boy, do i feel like i'm driving a toy when i hear a cummins coming (usually a mile away):eek:

6. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

well chevy does have a 1 ton srw it's the 2500HD 9200 lb gvw is the same if not more than the old model.

7. scottb

8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Bubble Boy what kind of busses are you riding in, or have seen that looked as nice inside as a F 250??????????????????? Some of the older ones maybe, but certainly not any of the newer models. I have yet to ride in, or see a bus that looks as good inside as the new model F 250's.

9. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, not quite like a bus, but...

personally i just think the chevy interiors nicer. i mean, with only a little modifying, look at what they do with the interior of an escalade. essentially a dressed up silverado. i cant see a 250 interior being that nice without major changes

now the fords and ram ride higher, which is nice, but im of the more vertically challenged;) , so easier to jump in and out of the chevy.

now, with the western plow brace, i do tend to bottom out (havent cranked the t bars though). ford and dodge's dont have the prob.

the chevy's cant be perfect:D

10. scottb

I guess I like the simple design of the Ford interior. I like cloth seata and vinyl floor boards. But right now I would just like to have my truck back.