Ford, D-Max, Cummins

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nosparkplugs, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Pics require little explanation

CompareCummins.jpg

2. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

Shouldn't the title read "Powerstroke, D-Max, Cummins. I like the one on the far right the best.

3. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Chevy forgot to build beefy rod ends. (not unusual for GM)

Ford's looks pretty average and has improved the strength of the rod bearing design.

And Cummins's Just plain old has very large/strong parts, not to mention a stronger wrist pin.

4. nosparkplugs

When your towing all day, what is more important the most interior luxury or A Cummins diesel. Ford diehards will take creature comforts over funtion, this is why the Ford Clan thinks Cummins owners are nuts, like me:waving: I would rather have a Cummins diesel in a Dodge truck with modest interior with a stout in-line diesel.

5. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

My uncle used to be diesel shop foreman and he told me that the most common truck that was in there were the dodges.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Lets see Ford and Chev have 2 more rods sharing the same load as a Cummins so its natural the Rods can be smaller. Not rocket science just physical engineering.

I guess Dodge guys have to show that picture because its the only big rod they can brag about their girlfriend/wife just laughs when they drop their pants. The wife says wheres the batteries :laugh:

I never heard of a 6.0 powerstroke conrod letting go or a 7.3 the same.

You want to see a heavy con rod and piston look at a 363 Ford Lehmann I meantioned it a few times they belittle a Cummins big time. When Britsh Ford built the 6 cylinder Ford Lehmann diesel they used replacement liners and a heavy block its no throwaway engine like the 5.9 Cummins. Had a horsepower rating up to 275 with 600ftlbs not bad for a full mechanical engine. You couldn't get a automotive transmission to survive behind one.

I guess Nosparkplugs is grossly inadequate in his bedroom so he really has to brag about something your wife/girlfriend must have a huge toy collection :hammerhead:

7. nosparkplugs

Here is what happens when you add a chip to a stock Powerstroke.

blown_piston_rod.jpg

8. nosparkplugs

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Any con rod will bend if the engine is hydraulic'ed with water or oil or fuel.

Cummins uses larger rods so they can use lower quality steel and less machining. Like I said Cummins designed the 5.9 engine as a throwaway.

If you have a scored cylinder on a Cummins you have to sleeve the block or find another engine block to replace it with.

10. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Guy's, Guy's, Guy's! We all know the best combo is a cummins and an allison tranny which are all in my trucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.