Ford Explorer Sport Trac?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Apr 13, 2004.

1. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

For LC only, why not a Van? They are cheap, you can find F250's and F350's vans that can haul anything plus, everything is enclosed for hiding various tools.

Use an enclosed small trailer and the rig is pretty safe.
    Look for an used cared for Church van and you would probally have a decent rig.

Just a thought..

2. ADVANTEC LAWNS

ADVANTEC LAWNS LawnSite Member

I got one , ive had it for like 3-4 weeks , cant complain , it is an 03 with 99k miles im the 3 owner , i cant complain , ima post some pics tonight

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

This is six years old.

4. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

lol>>>>>>>>>>

5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Holy Smokes! this is an old thread! THANK GOD i didnt go and buy that. Since then i've had, and still have a chevy 1500 that i started out with and two 2500hd's. All great choices.

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Sprot tracks are good transportion. Not the best for lawn care or landscapers. For a the average homeowner just ducky.

For the average LCO a half ton unless you plan to really upgrade. A 1 ton to pull a 6x10 might be overkill. A 16 foot with 3 or 4 larger mowers it makes sense.

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

buying a "sport trash" to run a lawn biz and pulling an enclosed trailer, well thats just setting yourself up for failure.

there is a reason that 99% of lawn guys use Trucks.

just get a crew cab truck and save yourself the uselessness of a sport trash...