Ford F-150 diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Capemay Eagle, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have been waiting for this day for so long!!!
    Ill be gettin one in about a year and a half to two years! Or a year after they come out!

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Can you say wifes vehicle?

4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Thats awesome, looks like ford has done it again!

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Not so fast... chevy will be also offering a diesel engine in their 1500, and if I remember correctly, it put out more torque than what was listed there compared to ford.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

It doesn't matter at this point what the torque and hp is, the fact that they are trying to boost their mpg is the big point. You won't go out ant buy a 1/2 ton truck for work over the 3/4, ton or 1 1/4 ton truck will you? NO. this is all for the MPG. towing capacity will be ok but not that it will stand up like a full size truck.
    ford, chevy, dodge or what not the fact that they are trying to get the most selling trucks in America to get what the epa, consumer and root eater wants.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Yes I agree, mpg is a huge factor but if I see Ford or Dodge over there with a large amount of more torque, I sure am going to go check them out.

8. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I found this gem in that article:

I have to agree with previous posters that this move is certainly more about mpg than towing. Who would want to tow more than 10,000 pounds with a half ton chassis? Towing 8,000 pounds with one is scary enough. I can't see why (other than bragging rights, of course) they would try to claim a higher towing capacity. It would require more chassis, more brakes, more tranny, more axle, and then you've got a F-250. Maybe they will market a niche vehicle and call it the F-200?:rolleyes: But seriously, I would love to have one in a large SUV for the wife. I am pretty much hooked on one ton trucks for myself.

9. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

how 'bout a link?

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

every diesel ford releases has problems at first, like most new vechicle releases. Anyway, I'd wait 2 years before buying one.