Ford F550, LCF, Dodge 5500 or Isuzu NPR?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Joe Spinelli, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

International trucks are okay. The only thing I would be worried about is the way the tilt cylinders hang low. You could have troubles getting stuck when it grounds out.

I will make sure I online bid and drive the price up a bit :laugh:

2. Joe Spinelli

Joe Spinelli LawnSite Member

I got It! Bought the truck and a 2002 Ford F150 pick up truck.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

How much! How much! Did you have to fight for it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Joe Spinelli

It started out at 10,000 and went down to 2000 then worked its way back up to 10. I ended up getting it for 10,500. I also grabbed a ford f150 (2002) because they were going for $2,500 and I knew that was a good deal.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's not a bad deal. How many miles on the 150?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You got a good deal :drinkup:

7. Joe Spinelli

The ODO says 60,000 something or another. California law says they can't sell it (to the general public) unless the odo is working so either it works or no one reported that it doesn't work. Yeah, I'm happy with the deal I got, now I need some containers and it's time to start making some money.

8. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

9. Joe Spinelli

Thanks for asking, it's actually going pretty well. Just last week I bought another dumpster (my 4th) this one is a big 40 yard dumpster. I'm going to have 2 banners made up, 8x16 that say "dirt cheap dumpster rentals" and put them on the dumpster and park the truck (with the dumpster) in the home depot and Lowes parking lot on the weekends. In the meantime Craigslist has been working pretty well for me although everyone wants a bargain or something for nothing. Other then that it's been going well, I'm taking all the jobs I can get.. I hate to lose any jobs and I've haven't. How are you guys doing?

0227000742a.jpg

DSCF3250.jpg

10. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA