Ford LCF 550 on ebay

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Wing 97, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Wing 97

Wing 97 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hello all! I don't usually post just absorb the knowledge. I ran across a new 07Ford LCF 550 on Ebay for 31500 and it seems like a good deal. The dealer is local to me and was going to go take a look. I am out of touch with cab over pricing and was wondering if it is good deal (or at least a good number to start from). Also anyone with experience using one for landscaping please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

3. Wing 97

Wing 97 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Nothing really to compare to except a 06 used dump for 26000 and cab and chassis that are all over 35000. The one on ebay comes with a I Pak toolbox, mason dump with fold down sides, and hitch. Thanks.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

There is a reason why there is so many LCF trucks on the market. I was thinking about one but after doing some research I changed my mind. The LCF Ford isn't a reliable truck lots of problems with the motor. The cabs are tiny if your a big person its not a truck for you.

The best cab over sold was Hino but they don't sell them anymore. Second option is Mitsubushi/Sterling.

Just have a look at the forsale ads for the LCF Fords they all have low mileage and trucks that you wonder why they are being sold.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

The International dealer wanted to sell me one but I didn't think it was comfortable and thought it was kind of awkward to get in and out. 31500 doesn't seem that screaming of a deal but I'm not up on them too much.

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

we own an 08 and have fallen in love with it, I also have a mitfuso but the ford is much heavier duty and more power. if you wanting to use it as a dump it'll be a great truck, the mitfuso are great for smaller loads and mowing equipment but throw 12 yds of mulch on and it gets very hesitant. the lcf has been hauling 18yds of mulch without so much as a hiccup

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Thats the first time ive heard that! Ive heard great things about them.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The Ford LCF are a heavier truck and they use better brakes and wheels. I was really thinking about one if my General contracting picked up because you can turn on a dime with a cabover. These new construction sites are tight to get in and out of.

I wondered why I was seeing so many used low kilometerage LCF trucks on the market. I started asking around and I read Tow411. Ford needs to figure out a way of putting a better engine into the truck.

9. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wish they would come out with a darn 4 door!

10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I coulda swore i saw one in a crew cab just the other day...