1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ford LCF L45

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by wellbuilt, Sep 22, 2007.

1. wellbuilt

wellbuilt LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a LCF L45 at the dump today and i thought it was kewl.It has a 22000lb truck trailer weaight with a 16000gvw.I am a GC and have a 8000lb ex and would like to move dirt with the truck ,pick up lumber,, blocks pull 12000lb dump trailers, haul fire wood .I have a new F 350 PSD but im killing it at work .I would have to drive the truck every day. what would the mpg be empty? Its snows here no 4x4 ?I think the L45 is the largest truck i could drive every day . I liked the F 550 but cant spend that much
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Supposidly the cabs on the LCFs are not good if your bigger than 5' tall and 120lbs. The cab is too small.

I haven't seen one yet but have seen a Sterling cab over.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I've driven an LCF with a 12'? rack body and there is plenty of room. I am 6'3 btw. Could be a different model though
  4. wellbuilt

I drove one today and it was ok but i will check it again when i go back
  5. Tom5301

Tom5301 LawnSite Member

I have a lcf and I like it has a lot of power and room seems like a nice truck no problems yet
  6. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

The LCF has a lot more power than the other cabovers i've driven. It can tow a bobcat 334 ex on a 5 ton trailer no problem. The cab is a little tight but no worse than others. The trans on the LCF is great especially with the tow/haul mode. I don't know if there is an option for an exhaust brake but it would be nice if there was.
  7. wellbuilt

Hi guys I bought a 2007 LCF Dump .I need to hook up my trailer breaks and cant find the plug under the dash board .The truck has all the wires rigged from the back but i cant find the plug in the cab?There is a plug on the left of the steering wheel by the obd2 plug .Is this the plug? HELP
  8. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

congrats on your truck,
    i would be interested to hear more about it after you have towed with it a bit. and what kind of heavy loads have been towed. how it reacts to hills.
    good luck,
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

there was one on here for sale not to long ago, it had a big mulch dump on it.
  10. wellbuilt

My new LCF has a 11' rugby bed with elec hoist and its working out very well . I can turn around in a drive way and it much better backing a trailer. It has good power for pulling and my dump trailer with a mine EX is about 11000 lbs and rides way better then it did on my F350 .Im not sure about max trailer weight .They say max trailer weight is 12500lbs but the hitch is good for 16000lb My owners manual says the truck is good for a 26000lb combined weight. Driving with my trailer loaded it feels like i have lots of power left.Ive picked up 3 or 4 yards of stone and it drove great .I went fishing last week and got about 16 mpg driving 55. I traded my F 350 in to ford.I looked at the f 450 550 but they where much more money and i didn't want to deal with the 6.0 psd . I will post pic when i get the truck set up.The only bummer is no 4x4 .Im looking at a 12000 lb winch for the front but need to have a welder make a brush Gard winch mount.