Ford LGT-165

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Smalltimer1, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I found a Ford LGT-165 in the local want ads for $200 obo. Says it needs engine work. (I believe its a K-341 16hp Kohler) Does anybody know anything about these tractors? I know it was made by Jacobsen in the late 70's early 80's.

I trying to determine if it's worth my time to go and look at.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Don't really know much about Ford garden tractors but I know they are not made cheap. I would say to go look at it. $200 is a little high for something that old that needs engine work but I would probibly give around $150 for it. If you offered it to them they would probibly take it.

3. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I read that its a hydrostatic model, and I believe it has hydraulic lift. The only thing that would make it better would be to have a 3 pt. hitch!

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Well if it had a 3 pt. hitch you really couldn't do much with it because it is so small. If it did you might could pull a potato plow through the garden with it. If its got a hydro trans. then I would treat it like a baby because them hydros are very fradgile on a lawn or garden tractor even on an older one but like I said earlier it does sound like a pretty good deal for $200 but try to get it a little cheaper if you are going to try to buy it.

5. homemwr

homemwr LawnSite Member
    from MN

I had a LGT145 with a 52" deck and 42" 2 stage snowblower. If it has the round tubular frame, then it was made by Jacobson. The tractor is hydraulic with hydraulic lift and a high/low range differential. I sold mine a few years ago for around $2000. Very well made tractor.