1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ford making noise

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bobcatnj, Apr 10, 2007.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 04 f250 with about 40000 miles on it. when i start off slow ( say from a stop) and want to make a right or left turn, i get a noise coming from the truck. like a rubbing screeching noise. i dont have a lift or anything like that on the truck and the tires were factory installed when i bought it. so it cant be the tires rubbing. i do need new tires on the truck, do you think thats the problem? any ideas?
  2. Fatboy

Fatboy LawnSite Member

I read somethings about this problem before that turned out to be the oil used in the limited slip differentials. There supposed to be a friction modifier added to correct this noise that you're hearing.

Good Luck,
  3. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha i dont even know where to start with what you just said hahaa
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

First, I would check all the wheel wells and make sure those plastic covers up in there and anything else isn't rubbing...
    Then, lift the truck off the ground and see if you can wobble a wheel (bearings check).
    Beyond that, you might check out http://www.fordforum.com/
  5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

possible front wheel bearing or a brake caliper hanging up keeping the disc brake pad slightly againist brake rotor
  6. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

figures, its a ford jk