Ford or chevy

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by steve m, Jan 14, 2009.

1. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

I'm looking to get a new truck would like to know what you guys are driving.
    looking at f-150 f-250 and chevy HD. pros & cons of both

THANKS Steve

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got a ford, love em. gonna get a 250 later on in the year. i dont like that they tend to shift real hard sometimes, and they also shift when ever they feel like it. but their tough trucks! JMO

3. IdealLawnCare

IdealLawnCare LawnSite Member

I can say I never had a problem with a Ford because I have never owned one. Get a Chevy.

4. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend you look at a dodge, I own a f250 and hate it. The front end problems, and I don't recommend the power stroke, If you don't want a dodge go with Chevy

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have fords , chevy is OK, but Ford Motor Co is in a lot better position to be in business a few years from now.

6. DanManofStihl

DanManofStihl LawnSite Member

I have had pretty good luck with Chevy so that would be my reconmendation. I have seen a good amount of dodges with electrical issues and transmission problems. The fords diesel is new in 2008 the fuel economy is poor being less then 10mpg. I would either get a chevy or a ford with a gas engine in it.

7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Got a Ford here and love it. I would go with the 250 right from the get go though. Just my 02

8. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a Chevy but its just a half ton 4WD. I wont ever pull over 3000 with my business . You just cant beat a Chevy HD for heavy towing though. The ride is sweet too.

9. bighaydenslawn

bighaydenslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Chevy, doesn't matter what size or model but it will be better than a Ford. My Dad and I have had both and the Chevys are so much easier to work on and such a better ride, not to mention they look better lol.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

this has to be the funniest thread I've seen. LOL