1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ford or GMC

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Buck Hollow Lawn Care, Aug 12, 2012.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare LawnSite Member
    from nj

Im a dodge guy myself and the above may not be fact... however that is ****** funny ^^

2. Wright Lawn

Wright Lawn LawnSite Member

Said it once and I'll say it again. Can't afford Chevy, Ford or Dodge (Can't afford the down time that is) I'm a Toyota man got one with over 300k miles on it with NO problems. Haven't seen a Ford, Chevy or especially Dodge with any history like that. You can't kill a Toyota!

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Last time I checked Toyota didn't have a truck in a one ton application? I thought we were talking about work trucks not daily drivers? Unless you are talking about a Hino?

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Toyota's are for hacks. Sure they are great trucks, and great to drive around all day if you work in an office or at a bank, But if you ACTUALLY have a business that you want to grow beyond 8 customers and $15k a year you buy a 3/4-1 ton truck.

You just cant work a Toyota like you can a real truck. You cant plow large commercial parking lots with a Tacoma, you cant pull more then a 10 foot trailer with 2 small mowers on it daily.

They are just too small and too weak.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. If you are going to pull a real trailer, then you need something bigger. My dumptrailer empty weighs double what a tundra weighs. **** my skidsteer can outpull a tundra lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

Where's Grandview when you you need him :rolleyes:

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Probably at the shop fixing his truck.

8. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

Woah...for a second there I thought you were trying to say that he was actually doing the work.

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Did they get everything fixed on your truck without issue?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ford all the way for me!