1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ford OWNS Dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedMax Man, Oct 20, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Since there was about Toyota owning Ford by putting trucks bumper to bumper and pulling a chain in oposite directions i though i'd post this video i found. Its off a Ford website but looks more realist than that phony one a dealer. Watch it and you will see it about halfway through the video.

Is is true?

Click: (View Webisode) in the Bio.
  2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately that was staged. Assuming the ford is the heavier of the two trucks it would have won anyway (given perfect drivers in both), but when they added weight to the dodge it gained the ability to out-pull the lighter truck (assuming both have 4wd with a limited-slip rear and relatively equal traction tires).

The best way to get rid of the available traction on the heavier truck is to gun it and spin the tires---which is exactly what they did.

The winning truck was barely turning the wheels while the losing truck kept it floored. It goes to show that power is not really an issue in this type of competition---the powerstroke has plenty of it but used hardly any.

On a side note---the interior on that thing is beautiful.
  3. WhitakerServices

WhitakerServices LawnSite Member

The 08's are nice.
    My dad has an 08 F450 dually and it is incredibly strong and comfy too. He loves it and mom does too. Ford is right on with the new styling, features, engine. the total package is nice.
  4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i couldnt see it!
  5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

good vid, but we all know that you loose traction once you spin your wheels, and the young guy just floored it, he lost as soon as he put the hammer the down...nice looking truck