Ford Super Duty Brake Issue

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bulhead19, Mar 19, 2012.

1. bulhead19

bulhead19 LawnSite Member

I have an 03 F350 6.0 diesel. Recently, the brakes were grabbing on me I thought is was simply road salt and dirt. Washed em out same thing. So, I buy premium brake pads for the front, assuming it was maybe the pads wore out. Also, all 4 of the rotors,calipers and pads are fresh on the truck ( I bought the truck in Oct from an individual who claimed they were fresh) . So anyway I installed the new pads since I was that far. Then a few days later it started grabbing again. So tonight I put new Brake hoses on thinking maybe the plastic in the hoses were broken from over time. I drive it down the road and started to grab yet again.

I'm gonna bleed the hell out them again. Does anyone experience this issue? could it be a sensor? Maybe just trapped air? The truck has fresh pads,rotors,calipers and now 2 new front hoses. Any help is appreciated thanks.

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you grease the pins?

3. bulhead19

The two pins on the caliper slider? Yes I cleaned them and never seized them.

4. bulhead19

I also wired brushed the rust off of them too.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe the ABS system is not working properly. I've heard of the magnets being dirty, so the signal pickup was not functioning right, causing the ABS to activate wrongly.