Ford Trucks to Get 62 MPG?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Puddle of Oil, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

It is a little confusing on the GM/Allison sale. The way I read it is that GM owns the rights to the Allison car and truck, hybrid transmissions, they sold the Commercial and military end of the company.

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

You reach a tipping point when you say screw it we just wont sell anything to California and force them to repeal their over them top regulations or learn to walk. This is something they should of done already do you want low emissions or high mpg or safety or something that's affordable. You can have 2 not all 4 pick what you want. Personally id give up the low emissions and just go for safety and high mpg. As for what Obama says this week or next week the word azz clown doesn't do him justus truth and reality left that guy a long time ago.

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Wouldn't you think high MPG goes along with low emissions. It's kinda hard to burn 10mpg and stay clean.

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

No they do not go together when they try for better emissions they end up adding other wise useless components that suck the power out of the vehicle. Should of seen the hoses under the hood of my old 84 trans am dozens of them I had an air pump and then the converter everything taking a little more power and reducing your mpg. My new truck has some sort of urea tank to further reduce emissions you think that's improving my mpg. We have all heard stories of 60-70 mpg diesel cars that they cant sell in our country cause of emissions. Now the new porsche 918 meets your goals 78 mpg 200 mph like 500 hp sounds great to you get to the 900,000 price tag as I said you cant have all 4.