Fords 5.4 Liter, Who runs one?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JMiller08, Mar 26, 2010.

1. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive beenk looking but around me the v10s are few and far between it seems.

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

lol now dont start talking "fast" smack with your 5.7l gasser dude:nono:
    :dancing:

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I'll take that tundra in my little old 2000 5.4 f-150 title for title? 5.4 is powerful enough for a f-350 but that is all forget about the towing just the truck alone. The only thing you get is better brakes over a f-150 w/5.4 forget about the capacities because you won't be able to move it in traffic.

4. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

Do yourself a favor and get a Chevy or GMC. I have a 01 F350 dump diesel ,06 F550 dump diesel, 09 F250 v8 gas, and an 03 E350 gas van. The funny thing is that the van is the least biggest piece of crap out of the bunch. All trucks were bought new except the van. NEWER FORD DIESELS SUCK

5. OrganicsMaine

OrganicsMaine LawnSite Senior Member

Have a 5.4 in a 98 expedition.....250k and not a knock or ping. All major engine components are original, trans rebuilt at 200k.

It does not have enough power to really haul anything substantial, but if you are staying local with a lawn trailer, it should be fine. Fuel mileage does suck, but the engine is bullet proof.

BTW I've always run Mobile 1 every 5k religiously.

6. XeriCare

XeriCare LawnSite Member

I have two 5.4 triton trucks and changing the plugs are a real pain. My f350's 7.3's are the better trucks.

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

You change the plugs every 100k so what change twice the entire life of the truck big whoop thats hardly a factor to consider.

8. XeriCare

XeriCare LawnSite Member

60k they run on gas and propane.

9. fredmullegun

fredmullegun LawnSite Senior Member

The later 5.4L with 3V engines are totally different than the earlier ones which are kinda dogs. They are both the budget engine of the Super Duty Ford though. The powerstroke is better in performance and mpg but just costs a ton more.

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I can actually get my 5.4 to move in traffic with a heavy load, you just have to rev the crap out of it for it to make good power. I've been driving it pretty easy.