Ford's All-New 6.7-Liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MileHigh, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

2. Gravel Rat

3. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Is this what the price of socialized medicine has instore for the US market?

4. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member

yep. why pay invidiually when we can all pay collectively!

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

they deserve to go out of business with those prices, 60K for an f150, 84 for an f450, come on.....

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

If your wages are similar to ours here in the US than those truck prices are out of control! I have a feeling though that people making $100,000 here in the US are making $150,000 to do the same job in canada????? If this isnt the case then how does an everage person ever afford to buy a new car?

7. Gravel Rat

You guys like those prices they are the real deal that is just one Ford dealer the prices are similar everywhere. If a Canadian tries to import a new vehical from the USA we can't the automanufactures have convinced the gov't to slap penalities on importing new vehicals. So we are forced to pay those outrageous high prices. You may get a couple thousand dollars knocked off but your not going to get it for much less than what is listed.

Car dealers like to get people roped into leasing where you never finish paying for a vehical. The F-450 pickup trucks are not big sellers anybody that needs a truck that size orders a cab and chassis for 15 grand cheaper.

A F-450 cab and chassis crewcab XLT is 60,000.

I would never buy a new truck soon as you drive it off the lot you lost 10 grand in resale. Who in the h*ll wants to be paying 1500 a month vehical payment.

Wait till the new 6.7 comes out for us that will be a 12 grand option you will be looking at 70 grand for a bare bones XL diesel.

8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

the 2010 6.4 is a $9300 option here up from $8500 for my 08'

9. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

More reason to buy a used truck. I can find a couple year old used diesels for only $17k. Thats the way to go for work trucks.

10. Gravel Rat

I'am considering going back to a 7.3 PSD I found a 2003 550 4x4 with 78,000 miles 126,000kms on it.

The newer trucks may have nicer interiors but that sure in the h*ll doesn't make up for the huge price.