Ford's All-New 6.7-Liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MileHigh, Sep 5, 2009.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Damn spell check.

3. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Now come on! Christ had a pogo stick!? How come I never heard about it before?:laugh:

4. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Amen:laugh:

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Cat is working with Navistar and is going to be building their own line of medium to heavy duty trucks.

As far as I know the deal is still going through. It originally got put on hold after the markets melted down.

I can't remember where the plant will be located, but I think it's going to be in IL somewhere.

I honestly think this a great move for CAT and Navistar. The 6.0 motor was rushed into production and I feel this deal will help them sort out all their issues with their diesels.

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

With all that technology they took from the duramax, it should be a good motor!:laugh:

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

An Isuzu motor ?, are you kidding. More like Chevy stole the technology.

8. TYCINC

TYCINC LawnSite Member

more like chevy owns the technology lol. . .I remember reading in Diesel Power or something a few years back about a CAT powered pickup. . They kind of eluded to Ford using the engine. . more than likely cause of the 6.0 issues. .

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Gm and isuzu developed that motor in a joint effort. Ford engineers have always had to build bigger engines to meet gm's hp. GM 350-ford 351 GM 454 -ford 460,duramax 6.6-powerstroke 6.7 etc,etc.etc. Dont even get me started on fuel consumption!

10. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

You must be forgetting about GM's 6.2 and 6.5 diesel fiascos the whole time Ford was running the Pre-PS 6.9 and 7.3. Also, as I recall, there was a time when GM attempted to maximize fuel economy on their 7.4 gasser at the expense of power. They failed miserably. Not only was it a dog on performance, it drank like a wino. I had one, so I know.