1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ford's All-New 6.7-Liter V-8 Power Stroke Diesel Engine

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MileHigh, Sep 5, 2009.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have not forgotten about that disaster, read the posts in the thread (chevy hd re-design 2011).
  2. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Then it's not always a case of Ford trying to catch up to GM. All three have been jockeying for position since their inceptions.
  3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Ford catching GM or dodge catching ford and so on. I still like the interior of the Gm better. Had all 3. Buddies of mine have all the new 3/4 dodge - we ride in each other trucks all the time. I just wonder what toyota will do - 3/4 ton or not.
  4. lawn king

Ford,GM and dodge dominate this area,quite a few cabovers as well. You do see toyotas but they never seem to be pulling a machine or maint. trailer or plowing snow. In other words, you see them, you just dont see them working! Perhaps that will change when their diesel hits the market?
  5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

anyone priced an 09' 6.4 diesel lately? its now a $9300 sticker price for engine/tranny option. my 08 was $8500. whats the 6.7 going to cost? i hate mine too. wish i went v-10 or cummins (without the G) or duramax. my truck sucks....what a waste. its been in the shop more than my 00 7.3 with 160K
  6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

It's going to be well into 10K I bet. Have you posted about the problems with your 6.4? What's the deal?
  7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I read in the wall street journal that ford is looking around $10 - $12K for the 3/4 ton truck - fully loaded. Ford has not yet announced offically what the sticker shall be.
  8. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Im curious too why you dont like your 6.4? Ill be in the market for a slightly used diesel in the spring or summer. Im running a duramax now and it hasnt let me down
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Keep your Duramax Bud!!!!!
  10. lawn king

Business associates of ours that are running the 6.4 dont get very good mpg. Im going on record right now, saying this new ford will not get the mpg of the duramax lmm engine! When i cruise the highway i average 18 mpg @ 1500 rpm. I could see 20 if i slowed down to 60 mph and removed my tailgate!