Foreclosed houses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bohiaa, Jun 23, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

had a woman call me From Austin Texas, "I'm about 200 miles away frim there"

she told me she works for Century 21 and they have a few Foreclosed houses in my area and would like a bid on them.....

I went, I looked, I bidded, one they agreed to the price, the other they wanted 20.00 cheeper,

she emailed me all the info on the rules and how to get paid.
    it's kind of a PITA,,,, SO I turned them down....

After researching this type of sit, I learned that, there is a Co. that the Realestate hires to do the outsourceing to, then they hire guys like me. so the money stinks and some of the rules are...

MUST take before and after pics from same angle, must bag, must rake all leaves, must submit a bid on hedge and tree trimming if it needs it....
    MUST ...MUST.......MUST........

has anyone done any of these....

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I had an email from a TX company last winter about snow removal. After a bit of research I deleted the email, and I declined to respond.

3. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i think companies like that all come from the same mold as insurance co's, and larger business' who use "management firms" , around here i had tried bidding for a local bank, and their surrounding braches, i through that bid away.

they want and want and want, and right away, but pay ssssssssslllllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwww.........

stay with the good stuff!

4. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Usually 1 time stuff.....slow and low pay.

Not worth it to me.

You're better off hooking up with the city to clean up neglected properties....which is still not good.

JMO

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm reasonably sure the same woman called me as well. Some were foreclosed properties some were rentals in dire need of major care. After getting all the details for her on how I MUST do this and that in order to be paid, I explained to her that their rules were of no importance to me and that only my rules count and there are no exceptions. She was surprised at my response, but I don't give a crap. I'm not jumping through hoops to get my money from anyone. These type of transactions are a major PITA. Someone else can have the headaches that are associated with them.

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, the company is FIELD ASSETS in austin tx . i keep turning them down, sounded like too much of a hassle from the get-go. they have been calling me for 2 years :dizzy:

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

THATS THEM.............I waz kind of ok with price untill I seen the hoops I have to jump through to get paid.....

thanks guys

8. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

I did work for them a few times. They kept adding more requirements for photos. Took longer to take photos than it did to mow the yard. And yes they pay very slow.

9. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Lol. what was her response? Obviously no? It sounds like they can't find anyone to mow haha.

10. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

She sounded like she was doing me a favor by calling me and offering me work. While I am somewhat new to this business, I have had other businesses over the years and can smell bad news a mile away. I'm sure that they have people strung out all over the place. I'm not going to be one of them.