1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Foreclosed Properties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bret's Lawn Care, May 18, 2005.

1. Bret's Lawn Care

Bret's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any expirience with recieving houses that nobody lives at and who to contact about receiving these properties to maintain them

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

The bank that owns them or the Realtor who is selling it with banks some times you can get all that they have . And other thing if you do them like i have that i do clean outs and clean them when some one gets kicked out . And get the job of up keep on them till they sell . But the only bad thing is if they go with you have to travel some times . But the good thing is you get paid for it also so i guess it works out.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

A forclosure has many problems other than long grass, and when you buy it you realize it. It was forclosed on because people couldnt pay for it, and probably neglected/trashed it. The bank may pay a little, but not much to clean it up and cut it. You have to find out who holds the mortgage or if its a tax lein. Not worth it in my opinion, not long term, want it cheap, crappy work.

4. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Maybe down there but not around here . They pay the going rate just like anyone else . And some times more .