Foreclosed Property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by capelawncare.com, May 16, 2007.

1. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Does any one deal with property managers on foreclosed property? I just recieved a request for 6 properties?

The pay isnt that great, but it could be worth it...if it leads to other work. and they want it done bi weekly. Any thoughts? Anyone have expereice with this?

Thanks

2. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

The pay isn't that great?
    You can say that again! :laugh:

Many times they only want the bare bones done, ie: no trim, don't worry about a few stringers, don't need to blow/disperse clumps, etc. Yeah, a hack job. Just keep the borough/township off their case.

And that's fine, but some around here want to pay $22 for a city lot, and $44 for an acre or two (or more). Included in that price, is however long it takes you to remove debris off the "lawn". Anything from sofas to kid's toys, to small homeowner trailers. Sometimes I just make a single pile of the junk and mow around it. If they want to pay for a clean out/secure premises that's extra. Same for pumping out pools and covering with the wire mesh deck.

I hate it when there are kids involved when these people abscond with their priority junk in the middle of the night. All sorts of golf balls, tennis balls, croquet balls, you name it. You should see how far Scags can fling a Barbie. And then there's the animal waste! If they let their homes go into foreclosure, they sure as heck don't pick up after their dog for the remaining months (indoors and out).
    Remember... the heck with the pattern, discharge with the wind.

If you think you may get into the clean outs/secure premises in addition to the cutting, give it a try. You will NOT make enough to earn a living from what they pay. It's pocket money. It's also fascinating what people leave behind, that you are required to throw away to accomplish a clean out.
    Here's the perk. :waving:

Now.... whether you throw it in the dumpster or onto your trailer, is of no consequence to them. As long as the property is clear and they can move it. This being said, make friends with an auctioneer, occasionally get a space at a flea market, keep in mind the price paid for scrap metals, etc...
    I make more with this than I do with everything else combined doing these jobs. It's hit or miss, and some weeks it ain't so great. But like I said, you will not live off of this. It's mad money. :)

HA! It's definitely no desk job! :laugh:

A