1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Foreclosure Cutting

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cubedmack, Aug 12, 2010.

1. cubedmack

cubedmack LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever dealt with cutting lawns for bank own foreclosed homes?
  2. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Yup......... The nice thing is; no complaints! And they pay good!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. bc3xx0

bc3xx0 LawnSite Senior Member

I've never heard of such a thing!!! You would think there would be a billion threads on here about that if it were real. I think it's just a myth.
  4. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few people I talk with around here and they do foreclosures all the time and wonder why I don't do it. I would, if I had the time.
  5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I am mowing one forclosed property this year. It is for another LCO who lives 75 miles away and mows many properties that have failed government loans.
  6. lawn_master-dave

lawn_master-dave LawnSite Member
    from indy

I am mowing foreclosed homes now. I must say i like it i do between 40 and 60 homes a week. The pay is not too bad not what id normally charge but it works out in the end.
  7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Around here they pay very low prices for that type of work. The banks, or whoever is looking after the property,only want to pay about $20.00/lawn, no matter how big it is. And, they only want about 1 cut/month. So, if you want to mow overgrown, nasty lawns for $20.00/cut, go for it. This type of work was never something that i was interested in.
  8. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Around here it's $25.00 per cut no mater how large lawn is-cut every 2 weeks. And they want before and after pic's sent to them. They name there own price,they can cut their own grass.
  9. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

The specific area I am in does not have a very big market for foreclosures. My focus is on communities ranging from 250k-1+million. These places usually have a full time Landscaping crew that takes care of the community property 4 days a week since they are so large and have tons of grass, sidewalks to edge, landscape, pool, clubhouse, lake pavillion, etc. They take care of the foreclosed homes in that neighborhood.

They will also cut a homeowners grass if that person has received a notice about cutting their grass and have done nothing about it and leave the bill in your mailbox.
  10. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We have done a couple, bit of hassle, 10 before and 10 after pics. My wife emails the pics in along with the invoice.

We did one last winter, that wasn't bad, I just care to do them in the summer.