Foreign Customers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Uranus, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm learning my lessons as I go, and this years lesson is NO MORE FOREIGN CUSTOMERS!! To me the are the biggest PITA's on the planet. They want all the work done by the end of the week and when you say you can get there by the end of next week they try to talk you down on price. Screw them! I'm done with them. I did and overseed and some loam repair in the spring for an Indian (dot head) and by the time I was done renting and overseeder buying loam and seed, I made 15 dollars for myself. Luckily when I returned the overseeder they gave me a $30 credit for binging it back early. Then I have a Lebanese customer who tells me I'm doing the worst job he has ever had. Five or six complaints this year. Guess what dune coon, shut off your sprinklers before noon and your lawn wont be laid down. Funny thing is he took my head off and I let him, but my next customer down the street refered him to me and he brings me iced tea and tells me I'm doing a great job. Go figure. Why do I only get complaints and calls for foreign customers. Is this a sign? Any one else want to go off on them too? I'm sure there are a million stories

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I had a foreign customer call me about doing snow removal for him last year why he and his wife were on vacation. They had gotten my name from the senior citizens newsletter and they said they heard numerous compliments about my work. We got 1 big snowfall why they were on vacation. I cleared the snow as I said in my contract and when they returned from vacation they paid me what I charged. I can't complain about that!!

As it turns out, they are going to have me do there snow for the whole upcomming season.

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

HINDUS ARE THE CHEAPEST PITAS!?$!#!~:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: They all have tons of $$$$$$ but don't want to spend a penny.

4. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Towel heads! their all the same.
    Quote 10 times the normal price and hope they don't ( which they wont ) take it. Or just run as soon as you know.

5. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I Had A Few Similar Run Ins Also. Indians Are The Absolute Worst, Thankfully There Are Hardly Any In Florida.

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

You kids do know this is a public searchable forum don't you?

7. skullz

skullz LawnSite Member

good i hope they are reading it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Uranus

from Mass

SodKing- So what if its a public searchable forum. If we offend someone it's because they are the type of person the thread is talking about. The Indian I was talking about told me he wanted to be able to treat me like family so when he went away I would be able to help out his wife if she needed any. SORRY. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well if you want to limit the scope and reach of your business like that it is your choice.

10. Uranus

from Mass

Yo Sheshovel, I didnt want our first metting to be negative but from my expierence with these people I would be glad to limit the scope and reach of my business to keep the phone calls and delays during the day listening to there B****ing. Dont have time for it. I wont be talked down on price, I wont do extra work for the price quoted, and when I get home and finish all my work duties for the day I dont kneed the phone calls at 8:59 pm to listen to a complaint about a turn mark in the lawn cuz of their overwatering. Plus once they hang up I spend 15 more minutes putting my 2 year old daughter back to bed. now when I bid a job, I try to hit homeruns, If its not a homer I dont want it. To many other jobs out here to be troubled by these types of cheep a**es. But other than that nice to meet you.