Foreign Landscapers *LOWBALLERS!*

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rclay11541, Mar 24, 2005.

1. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

Something has to be done about all of these dam lowballers. In recent years the price for a 1 acre lawn in my area has fallen from 45-55 per cut to 35! and its going down!

These South American landscaping companies are primarily the ones to blame for it. I got a guy in my area who came in and started doing 1 acre lawns for 30$!!!! This is rediculous.

We gotta do somthing about this like a nation landscaping association or something.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are they legal?

3. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

we have a company around here that brings in 30 latin american workers and supplies housing for them. now i am not racsist my best freind and foreman is black so dont flame me for that, but this company has took 15000 in maint. accounts from me along with several other local lcos loosing a like amount. i have talked with the other lcos and we just dont know how to combat this company, we dont know what hes paying these guys but they sure beating us on almost every bid.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the only thing that I wish was regulated is not price, but whether a business is a legal business.

I have thought about many times talking to the county here about pushing for new and old businesses to have stickers in their vehicles to prove that they have given the county proof of the business being legal whether by insurance or other matters. Those that are doing business, without a sticker, are checked right there on site. And if they can't come up with proof they are written a ticket.

Of course that is my idea (so nobody take it) :)

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I don't know what you're doing but my prices have been going up and I have been increasing my customer base.

6. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

Tideman one problem, in Michigan you do not need to be licensed to run a lawn service. besides I bet the guy running with several Latino crews is legal and would pay for the little sticker on the truck. So nothing would be gained.

I have all english speaking "americans" working for me but I have to admit the Mexicans work their butts off.

mike

7. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

thats a very good idea tiedeman

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I think we need a lowballer forum in addition to the new hardscape forum. Every other thread is lowballer related :rolleyes:

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sure seems that way lately.
    How about if we ALL set our prices the same?
    You know, like a monopoly.............Then there is no competition, we can all become like the cable company, or like the phone company used to be, or like microsoft, or....................

Oh, ya, that's right, every body wants competition in business when THEY have to pay for a service but NEVER when it is their own business................

Hmmm.

10. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

I really wish the INS would start deporting these illegals.