Foreman pay scale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thunder1956, Apr 13, 2004.

1. thunder1956

thunder1956 LawnSite Member

Just curious as to what most companys are paying their crew leaders and foreman. Any imput is appreciated. I am in the Atlanta area. Thanks all.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Crew leader/foremen get $20 per hour.

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

$18.00 per hour

4. thunder1956

Thanks rodman! Thunder

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! Those prices seem a little high. Obviously, this varies greatly by the area of the country you live in.

In our area, a foreman for a Lawn Care company can expect to make $10-$12 per hour.

For a licensed landscape contractor company, a foreman can make from $12-$15 per hour. Very few companies in my area pay more than that. In fact, my foreman (who earns $14.50) has friends who are foremen for some larger Landscaping companies, and out of all of his friends, he makes the most $$. But I am sure some of the really big companies pay some of their top guys even a little more than that. But those are huge 100-200 employee companies. Out of all of my friends who own LCO or Licensed Landscape companies, I don't know any who pay their lead guy or foreman more than the $14.50 I pay mine.

I have several guys working for me who are almost foreman level. They can do installation work, install most of an irrigation system by themselves, etc. They drive and know where all the suppliers are. I have 3 such guys. They all make $11 per hour.

6. thunder1956

Thanks Rodman..Thunder

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have one full time employee he makes $12.00 per hour he is a guy that I can have go out by himself or with another guy and I know the jobs will be done right.Hopefully next year I will be able to have another crew go out daily and he will run one.

His $12.00 is on a salary and is based on 47 hours a week.

8. cuttingchris

cuttingchris LawnSite Member

when i was THE formen at a small company i made 19 an hour

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

15-20 here I can't afford 20 but that’s what I use to make I have a gem of a foreman with 13 years experience he’s currently at 15 and that will be going up soon But I also give him commission on any new lawns he signs so he’s very motivated to grow my company.

10. thunder1956

Jim, that seems to be the norm around here too. Seems like such a drastic difference. Can the cost of living be that much higher?