Forest fires part 2

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Jun 11, 2013.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Was kinda thinking set everything to a full circle and have it start 4-5 times a day.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck, hope it stays away from you and your house.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Work trucks are out, my truck is packed, heading out now. Winds shifted back and heading this way. See ya.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

good luck bud, wish i could send you some of my rain. another 1-3" coming tomorrrow.

5. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Good luck, Dana. I'm glad you got everyone out safely, we'll pray that your home and business are spared.

The year we had the really bad drought and wild fires in Texas we had a couple that were within 15 miles of the house. We were never really in danger but it's still unsettling to see the huge pillars of smoke, the sky completely hazed out and have ash falling on you like snow. A lot of people here (and probably there as well) didn't have the luxury of knowing in advance it was coming and weren't able to pack their belongings before having to evacuate. I'm glad that wasn't the case for you.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Update: 360+ homes are gone, winds are again shifting towards my place and they are increasing in speed. 0% contained. Multiple copters dropping water, multiple C130s are dropping slurry. Down at my shop in town away from the fire. grrrr.......

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I feel for all those folks. I lost a house to a fire years ago, burned to the ground, changed my life. :cry:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Mandatory evac line is ONE block to the east of my house!! YeeeeeHawww!!

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Now there's a fine line!

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Full evac!!! Allstate gets to find me a motel -with AC!!