Forget About Minimums........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Mar 4, 2005.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the least you charge for an existing account you maintain???? I must confess, I have this old guy who needs me more then I need him, but I've been maintaining his property for 15 years. Takes 10 mins with a 20 inch, charge him $20/cut. Be honest, any accts under your minimum?

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

my cheapest is $30/wk i won't go anywhere for less than $25 it's just not worth it with gas so high, load/unload time, and travel time.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

One of our client's daughters lives in a mobile home, which happens to be along our Tuesday route. She is still in school and got screwed over by her ex-fiance.<insert violin music here...lol> We charge $ 20.00 per week, as a favor to her mother who has been a client for a while now. From tailgate to tailgate, it's 7 minutes..lol

4. Appalachian landscape

$40 in 17mins you're ripping heads! j/k. I might cut a deal to an elderly widow woman, but for the general public if i have to drive more than 15 or 20 min i have to make at least $25-$30.

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

Trust me Appalachian, when you become established in this biz, and you begin to get accts in clusters, you will drop that minimum when a old lady comes out to talk to you and has a yard the size of a tennis court.

PS. I strongly advise you to enable your E-mail and Private Messages Options. Welcome to Lawnsite.

6. Appalachian landscape

I believe they are enabled. I'll cut a deal to someone if I'm already going to be in the neighborhood and have my equipment out, no problem. I'm just not going to drive halfway across town for a charity case. I have a "little old lady" that i take care of very well. Lady almost killed me having me chop wood for her before the winter. :D

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

This lawn that we do takes longer to get a Stander off the trailer, unlock a trimmer fom the rack, unlock a backpack, and put everything back and lock up..than it does to actually mow, trim and blow the sidewalk...lol

8. LAWNS AND MOWER

Check your User CP.... Just tried to send you a PM and sez you have it disabled.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My minimum is $30.

If I had someone from next door with a really small lawn to ask me, like your little old lady that has a yard the size of a tennis court.... Sure I'd do it for $20-25.

10. Appalachian landscape

try now, if that doesn't work how do i turn it on?