1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Forget any customers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Aug 3, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you guys ever forgotten to service a customer?

I just realized I had forgotten about my 1st customer today, she called me saying are you coming over to trim my hedges?

I was like uhhh... excuse me?

Ya i hae you marked down for Aug 3rd, 12pm..

OH ****!!! i said..

Sorry, i'll have to do it next week on wed..

:eek: :eek: :eek:
  2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I sometimes forget one but I have a guy on my crew with an excellent memory. He always reminds me....
  3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

lucky you!

All i have is pen, paper and a software! which happens to be this one customer i had forgotten to write down
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes. I hate backtracking a route after I am finished and showered to hit up one I forgot. Doesn't happen often but when it does it sends the day in a whole whirlwind. Usually a new customer though.
  5. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

have to admit with the rain and back tracking doin the route 2 sepearate days.. i missed one the other day... Had the forman rember 3 days later and he told her well since we forgot to do it u get a free cut... went back 3 days later and put it back on the route oops did i do that? i hate it when that happens GRRRR!
  6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Did it last week. I had a vacation mowing to do. Well the customer showed up at my house to pay me. My comment was what were you paying for. I didn't do any work for you yet. Yes you did you cut our lawn while we were on vaction. Well I didn't cut it. I had ended up putting it on the schedule for the wrong week. Which is why I didn't do it. O'well. Their neighbor just bought a new ZTR and cut their grass with his new toy.
  7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot an EOW lawn this season, she called, "Are you broke down?" I gave her some flowers, she got over it. Hey, two bucks at Lowe's. Chicks dig me.
  8. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

My memory starts fading at 100 degrees and a heat index of 108 a few customers get forgotten.
  9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Only the lawns 10 miles away.
  10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

When they forget to pay me, I sometimes, accidentally of course, forget to mow their lawn...