forget it, the deal is off!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 29, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm baffled here to say the least. what could have possibly went wrong, any idea? here it is: man stopped me last fall to ask for a card. he called me yesterday, i scurry right over. he wants mowing and fert program. the lawn is in bad shape, he says he been through quite a few services, they can't seem to get it right. i give a quote for the mowing, ferts, and a row of arbrovitea to be put in along the fence. he says i'm the highest he ever got, the others were all $25(that figure again, they are killing me!!). he says lets go with the whole package. i tell him i need a deposit on the trees, i'll be by friday to pick it up. he's happy, i'm happy. this morning, at 5 am, i get a phone call, "i changed my mind, i don't want you to do anything for me." at 8, i call back. i ask him what the problem is. he says, "i have my reasons, but i don't care to discuss it with you." and that was that. WHAT on god's earth could have happened?

2. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Sounds to me this guy has been through a lot of people and nothing will make him happy. You more than likely had someone low ball you just like the others. I would have to say wait and this PITA will be calling you. On the other hand if he does not then it may be better for you. I find customers that act like this are more problems then they are worth.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I'd call him about 2:30 or 3:00 A.M. and ask him.

4. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

i know but am not tellin

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Maybe someone told him about your foot fetish.

No seriously if he wont even be man enough to give you a straight answer your better off not doing business with him and in that case who cares. The only thing that might be a problem is if someone really is backstabbing your character too him. Any chance it's that?

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ha ha, well, i'm sure that some of my collection methods will not be forgotten by some for years to come.

7. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

i do not really know but as many pita people you post about i have a guess it is not all their them. but i sure enjoy reading about them.

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not lose any sleep over him bobby...

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Bobster,
    Come on man. Take a look at the pattern in many of your posts. Either the worse people in the world live in New Brunswick, or you need a crash course in "how to read people".
    DP

10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Bobby,

since being a member here I've enjoyed reading your posts, reason being I think you are lowballing me and getting all of my best clients! Problem mate is, when you take one away, I get another just as weird, never ending supply of these "colourful" clients in my area, well I hope you look after these nice understanding, respectful folk, LOL!

Do you get days where these types of clients just wear you down, you really wander what you are doing wrong?
    I do, treat everyone nice etc and these freaks just want to wear you down, maybe I'm still growing my thick skin :)

Least you can see the funny side to these moronic types, good on ya!

Remember, you take care of my clients you took from me! ha, ha!