Forget Mowing It, I Weed Whacked a MASSIVE Pile of Dog ****

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by windsory, Jul 11, 2007.

1. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

Today I was finishing up trimming at one of my lawns and next to a telephone pole there was a large bare spot of grass and dirt. A few weeds were sprouting up so i just to the trimmer and cut them down. Well, what looked like a clump of dirt or mud was actually a massive (and fresh) pile of dog feces. As the trimmer head slid across the surface of the "mud," dung was flung across the area splatting against my face and browning-up my white t-shirt. At this point, I had yet to realize the composition of the brown matter. Speculating, I knelt down and took a whiff. My jaw dropped and I had no idea of what to do. After a moment of pondering, I continued trimming as if it didn't happen and didn't even stop home to get a change of clothes.

Now, after this incident, I do not want to see ANYONE trimming without safety glasses on. :nono:

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhh yes i have had one of those wonderful days well a couple. Not much you can do wipe it off say a few words under your breath and go on. It does suck very much though

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

And thats why we carry extra t-shirts and rags in the truck :laugh: Nothing like hitting a fresh pile :cry:

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

it would have been alot worse if it flew in your mouth. ive done it twice this season not fun

5. Pitbull05

Pitbull05 LawnSite Member

I am just glad to know that I am not the only on that this has happened to.

6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

One time I was mowing and did not see the doggy bomb in the yard. It was right next to the house. It was wet and runny. It made a nice brown vapor cloud as my mower sprayed it all over the house. A nice gust of wind blew the rest of it all over me. Man......I reeked to high heaven(and hell) so bad, I was afraid to get in my truck.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

It sucks, has only happened to me once and it really really sucks.

8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Some guy on another thread said it wasnt that bad. Well I guess I'll ask you is it? ?

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh my... this thread is funny. Hello, my name is Jeff I too am a victim of being hit with duke.:laugh: Yes, in the face and the same situation. Not pleasent I can tell you that. Always good to carry a small package of baby wipes in case of duke.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

We all live and learn the hard way !!