1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Forget proper lawn care!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CraigPLC, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a contract for a high school football field and they paint it green for the playoffs because the Bermuda is dormant by then.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

A voice of reason. It has not caught on down here though and I am assuming that is because even during the winter the turf still grows enough EOW that it needs cut. I am going to guess that keeping the lawn deep dark green would be one heck of a cost as the application would be made maybe once a month?

There is/was a company down here that used a green paint in there spray in hopes of drumming up business two years ago following a good freeze, hoping to draw the neighbors attention I guess. The problem was they did not tell the customers and over applied on one lawn I was on. The next day the chemical had not dried and the lady had two bichion frise that came out to great me on to have me watch them turn green as the trounced through the turf. True story. The company not only got fired but they got the bill for multiple baths at the vet to remove the paint.