forget xmark / scag / dc / etc...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Aug 12, 2001.

1. from what i hear from all you guys. you have guys that can kill a machine really fast, they break down all the time. whatever the problem may be. oh, and keep this in mind- high grass no problem. check it out- wonder how well it stripes? hehe

www.raycomfg.com/Land_Clearing/FM7260/fm7260.html

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We haven't had a machine break down yet. I haven't heard alot of people talk about their machines breaking down all the time. Did I miss something?

3. ok, sorry alan. i was just trying to make a joke.

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured the link and machine was a joke but I thought maybe you were serious about our machines breaking down.

I apologize... it is very hard to "read" into someone's humor...

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

We hired a contractor to come in with a machine identical to that and clean up some brush and small tree's on our airfield in the swamp. It worked awesome! It ground up the stumps, logs, and all the brush into great looking woodchips. We took some pics but they're at work. I'll try to post them tommorow if I remeber.

6. every 2 weeks? no problem! once a year? no problem! those things really do kick butt

7. Alright Tarbash

You should have been running that the day a caddy hit you.
    Could have ate it up and spit it out

HEE HEE HEE HEE:cool:

LGF:blob1:

8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

We rented a unit last year for about 4 weeks work we had for it at a golf course... it did a unbelieveable great job mulching every thing in its path...fairly costly to rent and had to pay for any broken teeth... there were a few of those.

9. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I can fit it on my 6x12 single axle trailer, dont you? Can you imagine pulling up to a customers property and tell them your there to mow their lawn with that? Talkin about a surprise! That looks like one mean machine! I dont think even with our weeds I could ever justify that purchase.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a friend here that has a machine very similar to that one. Talk about knocking down some cash! I guess you'd have to, though, 'cause he told me the unit he has ran about a quarter mil. Did any of you guys see that logging machine on TLC Extreme Machines that cut and limbed for the logging industry? Now THIS baby was AWESOME!!! It would clamp on to a tree, saw through the base (in about 3 seconds) with a hydraulic saw, turn the tree over, run it through tracs in it's holder, limbing it, shave the bark off, and cut it into pre-programmed section lengths. All within about 30 seconds. I wish I could remember the name of this machine!