1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Forgetting clients

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mr Budget, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

I was playing on my Gopher Routing program yesterday when i realized i have forgotten several of my clients names over this long winter. Is this just a winter thing, or am i just getting old:confused:
  2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Both-you are getting old and the inactivity of the winter has reduced the blood flow to the area of your brain that handles memory. I just heard that the other day on the radio. I thought you had forgot to service some existing accounts. That is the one reoccurring nightmare I have. I wake up in a cold sweat and realize its just a nightmare. Here in the summer you could miss a house for 6 weeks and no one would call cause most are out of town.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Use it or lost it! -nuff said. . .
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea..my mind wonders to much this time of year. I find myself thinking "what if this or that happens"

I just try to stay optomistic. When we start working again we won't have time to evern think about those little things.
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Don't feel bad I have to keep all mine in a book with me or I will finish their job one week..the next week see them in town or something and I have lost their name in my head completely..it's like pay-up and then I'm done and my brain deletes the name as soon as the check is cashed!
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't know how old you are, but I am 37 and find myself forgetting stuff. I use to have a memory like an elephant....I never forgot anything, but not the case now. I don't forget much, but it's so damn frustrating forgetting stuff now.....especially spelling of words. Thank God for spell checks. I have also had bad dreams (wouldn't call them nightmares) about forgetting calling clients back or doing some kind of service.
  7. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

My problem is i get to thinking about to many things, where i should be next and what needs to be done, and thats when i forget things.
  8. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot something the other day, but I cannot remember what it was!
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think it's quite understandable to forget about a customer...as long as it's not for too long lol:)
  10. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

I was never forgot anything before we had kids. now i'm luck to remember to breathe!!!!