Form needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Miller Rules, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a form they use to keep info on the different property's they do that shows there square footage,amount of edging and time it took to do the work etc.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I went to staples and bought the 6-column Premium Analysis Pad which is like a spreadsheet and it looks like this:
    http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/enl/217828_01_enl.jpg
    (the pic is the 12-column pad, I bought the 6-column because it's 8.5x11 and fits inside a ring binder).
    So then basically on the left side goes the customer's name then on the top I put Mon / Tue / Wed / etc and then in the little spaces I put:
    A check mark means exactly that - check it, and if it needs doing, do it.
    A check + an exclamation point means DO it.
    Then once done I put an X through the spot which means it is done.
    Then once I get PAID for it, I circle the X.
    But then MOST of what I do is grass-cutting so you can do whatever, use your imagination, maybe the 12-column is right for you, maybe the 5-column is better, dunno, they make it from 2 to 12 columns, I think.

And voila, I got all my records ever since I started, customer by customer, job by job, day by day, AND whether they paid (most, fortunately, did).
    Then I use a regular notebook to keep their address / phone / etc and I highly recommend you do that as well.

Hope is help.

3. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

i'd just use a spreadsheet.

4. Joe721

Joe721 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Yeah you can use the Microsoft Spreadsheet on your computer, if you have Microsoft Works... it would be a lot easier typing everything instead of writing it... and usually every PC comes with Microsoft Works. Then just save the Microsoft Spreadsheet file to your desktop and everytime you need to fill it out its right there.