Forming an LLC

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cwmiller928, Jan 22, 2008.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

Trying to get all of this figured out. Do you guys think that this is a good way to form an LLC? Its a website that says it does just about everything for you. Its . I'm looking for any help right now. If you guys have a better idea lets hear it. Any information is helpfull and will point me in the right dirrection is greatly appreciated.
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

do a search. theres been a few threads about doing the LLC paperwork by yourself.
  3. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not sure how much money your are willing to spend, but I just legalized ( not sure if this is a real word:)) this year. I tried to do the papers my self. Gave up because I'm not that smart. LOL. I went with a local lawyer on a referral. This was very comforting because I felt like it was done right. I really don't want to go to jail.:nono: Also as a side note, when I had questions, the lawyer was their to answer them for me. I don't think you will get that from a web site. Either way, best of luck.
  4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Crystall creek. Get a lawyer. He may explain pros and cons of LLC. Better see an accountant, too.
  5. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

Crystall creek. What was the final tab on hiring a lawyer to get it all dont for you? Just wanting to know about how much its gonna cost me to do it that way.
  6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i had mine done by a lawyer 4 years ago, he would've charged me $400 including state fees. but because it was a friend he only charged me $100 for his time plus fees. which i know were under $50 cant remember the exact amount.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Do not use I used them to do a DBA but luckily I cancelled in time because I found out to do the same thing they were going to do for $233 only cost $15 at the county courthouse. They are a scam!!

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Raven , Can I ask why you went LLC instead of INC. ?? Do you have employees or a partner ?
  9. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

you really should talk to a Lawyer..diff states have alot of different regulations on an LLC.. some charge anual fees, some require 2 or more partners to form one..some places its cheaper to incorporate then form a llc

i don't know if ya have ya heart set on an LLC but an S corporation is another choice that shouldn't be ruled out, if your looking for the personal protection but still don't want to face the double taxation of a C corp.. and itl will still let you bring in investors, go pubic.. if that ever happens.. you never know

I think you would be better off sitting down with a guy face to face and getting the real skinny on everything.. you can ask all the questions you want.. stuff like that on the net. ehh its just not the same
  10. grntmbfisher

grntmbfisher LawnSite Member
    from NH

I have an LLC and found all the paperwork on my states website. I just looked on yahoo quickly and found this for you:

It has a search to lookup business names and the paperwork to form one.
    Good Luck!