Formula for estimates?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tim@AcesLCLS, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Tim@AcesLCLS

Tim@AcesLCLS LawnSite Member

My partner and I have a problem with estimates it seems like we are having trouble being consistent between us. So we are trying to devise a system to ensure synergy between us. For example on a mow or cleanup we would measure the total size of the lot minus obstacles (house, pool, etc. but we would include trees because houses around here have alot of foliage.) and then multiply time the calculated rate for lawns and for cleanups we would rate the severity of need 1 being all grass and 5 looking like a forest came down on their lawn and calculating based on the size and severity. We would also factor in mileage if the home was out of our area or a really cheap job that was almost out of our range. Does anyone use a system like this or know specifically why it would not work?

2. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

The only thing I learned about having a partner, is you will feel he underbids everything, and he will feel you do. Buy him out, and live happily ever after!

3. Turf66

Turf66 LawnSite Member

The University of Georgia sales a program called hort management. This program will allow you to enter all of your measurements for edging,cutting weeding or just about anything that pertains to lawn maint. it also prices weed control in beds. Initially you will have to enter your overhead such as equipment and labor. In the end it will calculate all of these figuires and give you a break even point so you know if you are making money or not. This program will also create a bid:however, it is a bit overboard.