Fort Myers, Fl.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nitrod, May 18, 2007.

1. nitrod

nitrod LawnSite Member

Moving to Ft. Myers, Fl. area, My wife and I are moving in July to the area having a hard time finding a job. Would the lawn care buis. be a luqritave prospect. My wife is a teacher and already has a job in the area, I wont have to worry about health coverage.

Thanks,

Ken.

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a truck?
    Trailer?
    any equiptment?

Trailer- 2k-5k
    Mower(S)-2k-12k
    trimmers-200-500
    blowers-250-500
    racks-100-200

Start up may cost a few up front but with in a year or two , 10-50-100 accounts latter you sould be going strong.

3. nitrod

nitrod LawnSite Member

I have the funds to pay cash for all of it. I will have zero overhead.
    Ken. I am just quirous if the market is fluded or not in the Ft. Myers area?

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure it is flooded. But if you do quality work and are dependable, you shouldnt have problems.

Let me know, Ill help ya if I can

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

How soon are you looking to start?
    I would cut your lawn. and try to get few near by or HOA if any to show quality work. and also offer insentives custmors who tell some one about you that joins like you reccomend some one and you get 1 cut at 1/2 price or something

6. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Nitrod,

There are a ton of LCO's in this area! I mean a ton! I must 30-40 a day driving around. But there is plenty of business. I try and stay only in Cape Coral. I will only do larger or commercial jobs in Ft Myers.

If you want someone to talk to about it my number is on my website.

Dennis

7. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would recommend that you go and work for some else first before you invest your money on something that you have done any research on.

Heat index is reading 105 degrees in the middle of August and you have already invested several thousands of dollars on equipment and your asking yourself what the hell did I do this for. That my friend is the wrong time to second guess yourself. It looks easier that it really is. Get your feet wet first

8. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are you moving from? If you have never experienced a FL summer, then you will probably die doing lawns down here. Otherwise come on down and start a lawn biz, everyone else does. There is more then enough work to go around.

And since your wife is a teacher, maybe she could give you some spelling lessons....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: