forum etiquette?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mark2, Dec 19, 2002.

1. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering about forum etiquette. I tried a search and found no results. I was just wondering ----Is it rude to post a question and not post a thank you in response?---If anyone has any other questions and answers regarding forum etiquette I would be interested in reading them.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually follow up on any post i make, Kinda symbolizes that you either read or utilized the answers you got. If you are wondering about Posting etiquette, Just use some commonn sense, Here Is A list Of A Few Official Lawnsite.com Rules

Conduct & Appropriate Use
    You agree to use LawnSite.com for lawful purposes only. You may not use LawnSite.com to:

* Transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory;
    * Post or transmit any matter that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as copyright) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (as in nondisclosure agreements);
    * Harass or threaten any user of or the site or other entity, or any individual;
    * Post, transmit, promote, link to, or facilitate the distribution of sexually explicit content;
    * Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    * Post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, chain letters or pyramid schemes; Post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
    * Intentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, international or foreign law.

Hope This Helps!!!:)

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, of course he read all that, who would agree without reading first. I like that last one, it means, among other things, that laws, such as freedom of speech, over-rule all else.
    The best thing, is to type as if you are talking to someone right in front of you. Would you thank a person who helped you? Would you stand in front of someone and call them a scrub? Would you stand on my front porch and use obcenities when neighbors are going past? General rules of decency apply in forums.
    Welcome to Lawnsite.
    Crawdad

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Do not type in all caps. It is hard to read and the forum equivalent of yelling at people.

This is an excerpt from my post in the Landscape forum:

" From time to time as new members join in these discussions I see the same scenario repeat itself. Because we don't all know one another, sometimes assumptions are made about the knowledge level of those not yet known. Sometimes it's on the part of the older members and sometimes its a newer member misreading the experience level of a poster. Just because a member asks a question does not always imply that they lack experience. Some questions are asked as a matter of curiosity to see how others think. Some are asked just to spur a discussion. It is interesting to see how various members address a problem.
    Please share the types of work that you do so others can appreciate your talents and experience. And don't be afraid to ask one another about the type of work performed. We all learn something here."

Lastly:
    Re-read your post for grammar/spelling errors and for the tone that is projected. Will you be proud of that post next week?

Happy Posting!

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You haven't responded yet. ;)

Just playing with you.

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Why Thank You
    Yup, Thank-e-mucH!
    Gracias!!!:) :)

7. mark2

mark2 LawnSite Member

Thanks for responding!

I would have posted sooner but I have had very little time for the computer.

Thanks!