forum helper or new forum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HBFOXJr, Jan 31, 2003.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

This forum always seems to generate a lot of "how do I get a license", "do I need a license" etc.

How about a regulatory forum, list, or some permanent aid where users can go to find phone numbers or websites for regulatory agencies in their states? There in one spot people could find all the needed connections for pesticide, irrigation and landscape licenses.

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Great Idea Harold,

also, we could have links to each dept of ag homepage too.

3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Pesticide references would be OK, because they are all regulated by states. But irrig and landscaping are not state regulated universally. These two are sometimes even regulated by counties or towns.

If you want post a link in this thread to home page of your own state pesticide regulatory agency, and I will make a web page we can all refer people to. If state does regulate irrig (like NJ) or landscaping, post links for those regulators also. Just state offices, no locals. This thread would be OK for a start, but a dedicated page in alphabetical order won't take too long to set up, and would be much less confusing.

Also give me a link to an introduction page on the site for newcomers, if such a page exists. Someone going to a regulatory agency home page cold is often lost for hours trying to find what to read, LOL.

I have Indiana already = <a href="http://www.isco.purdue.edu/">Office of Indiana State Chemist</a>. Select "Pesticide Section" (licensing is not required for fertilizer storage and transport for lawncare, so skip Fert Section initially), then go to "Commercial Applicators" heading on that page.

4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

HBOFOXjr I think that is a great idea. The easier it is to get info on becoming certified, the more people will do it.

Here is a link to the Pennsylvania Pestcide website from Penn St.

Pennsylvania Pesticide Program

You can order your study materials here. You can register for exams, and re-certification meetings here as well.

5. HBFOXJr

6. HBFOXJr

7. HBFOXJr

This can be obtained as a paid subscription but you can view on line for free or even print the viewed material via adobe acrobat reader.

RCE Plant & Pest Advisory

8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Harold, link in my sig file is a page with links to all state extension services, and links to state turfgrass foundations for all states east of Miss. River, and some from west - still working on that one.

It may be next week before I put together the pest office one; might as well wait for enough to get a good list going. Constantly editing is a PITA, LOL. I don't know enough yet to make them look pretty, but I'm after functional for now.

9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

10. HBFOXJr

I just got off the phone with NJ DEP Landscape irrigation licensing board. They have no link at this time but she said perhaps in my lifetime they might. LOL

This IS NOT Landscape AND Irrigation licensing. It is called "landscape irrigation license". There are no landscape license requirements in NJ.