Forum Related?!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by tadpole, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

In the right hands, it would have made a hell of an animated movie

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Off topic as usual, but no bickering. That's nice, boys..

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Fred Wolfe, who made "The Point" might have had fun with it.

4. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Imagine if Kubrick had gotten hold of it, or Cameron.

5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

B**S***. The first book was great. But the following books were better. Frank elaborated on the theme and made it WAY more philosophical and analogous to contemporary society.

His son didn't capture the sublime aspects that Frank captured. But they were descent books too.

6. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

WRONG. I completely disagree with these guys. DUNE was the beginning, but it got WAY better after Dune. Their narrow minds couldn't get past the first book. (trash talk adds spice).

7. Inspired

Inspired LawnSite Senior Member

You've got a point there, Oblio. :)

8. I know one of the actors was in BLUE VELVET which was an awesome movie.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

my cousin was the stunt double for the girl in the latest flicka movie, he did a great job which lead to another flick in which he played a dead body but i think they canned him for breathing.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Me and my "Arrow" (the only keeshond or any other breed that was ever allowed in the RCA Victor studios in Hollywood) worked on that project for over a year, I was Harry's personal engineer and lived the 24-7 life of creating what I knew would be a masterpiece, if we could take the pace. We'd finished the audio and the animators had the rough cuts ready for final editing; something told me it was time to leave L.A. Months later, with my sanity back in order, me and "Arrow" were cruising through a small town in New Hampshire and I noticed a hand-written sign at the community hall that said, "The Point"' tonight'. Me and the dog snuck in, sat in the back with all the kids and watched the film for the first time in it's entirety, on a folding chair with "Arrow" underneath. It brought tears to my eyes and no one in the little hall had a clue why me and my long-nosed dog were crying our joyful eyes out.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010