Forum Rules Of Conduct (FROC)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Acute Cut, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I know that this forum is supposed to be for the free exchange of lawn related material for us professionals. But i am having a serious problem with the way some of it is going. Isnt there some sort of Rules Of Conduct for this thing? I personally have found some of Richard2's comments innappropriate and quite rude. The comment on the "WIFE" post was totally out of line.

That is just the one that comes to mind off the top of my head but i know there have been others as well. We are all professionals here. (Supposedly) Some of the Senior Members have/are attempting to raise this from a "pissin" post to something of quality. We discuss equipment, time, trailers, and lawn care related stuff. What does Richard2 smokin a bong have to do with anything of absolutly any importance? I dont wanna be the "Forum Nazis" here but we need to have SOME sort of conduct of appropriateness here.

I would just ask that we keep this site related to topics and observe others right to varied opinion with relative professionalism. If i was a sponsor of this site i would start questioning putting my brand "name" anywhere near a site that was not seriously geared twords my goals. I wonder if Exmark cares about Richard2's current drug abuse problem? Probably NOT. And for that fact neither do i.

Keep it professional guys so this isnt turned into some sort of WT chat room of sorts.

Acute Cut
    p.s. Let the flamage begin!

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

My Opinion:

We are not robots, sometimes subjects unrelated (for the most part)to landscape maintenance come up. We are thinking adults (for the most part) who like to get off the set subject once in a while. Does everything have to be by the book? Maybe now is a good time to suggest a "lounge" forum for things not quite related to lawn care.

As far as advertisers not wanting to spend their dollar here because of a few comments here and there...I doubt it. A company would focus on sales potential for the product through the site. Where you take a leak, what you do to unwind or anything else is not going to change a company's decision to advertise here. If Super Blow sees a potential to increase sales of their 8 hp backpack blower by advertising here, I don't think anything Richard2 says would change their mind. LOL. I think a lot of advertisers choose to stand back because of the opinions of products here. It's like freakin' Consumer Reports around here. Shindaiwa this, Lesco that. Can you imagine a company that has been bashed here stepping in to this advertising snake pit. And companies that are highly regarded have no interest in advertising. There isn't much to be gained for them. A satisfied commercial user bragging about Dixie Chopper or Exmark on a lawn care forum is all the advertisement they need.

[Edited by Keith on 09-07-2000 at 10:50 AM]

3. GrassCtr

GrassCtr LawnSite Member
    from south

i agree with acute cut, many of his remarks are tastless and rude. i have yet to see one post of his that was really on subject, most are just smart comments. maybe at least 1% of your post shoul be about something related to the lawn industry.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have a full time job just like you do. I read and edit posts when I get up at 6AM until 7:30 when I go to work. I do the same when I get back on after work some times not until 9PM. I try to read all the posts, but some I just skim over looking for swear words and I don't catch everything. The wife thread wasn't going any where and is history. I would email Richard2 to tell him to post about the topic, not some odd stuff that isn't making sense, but he doesn't have his email address listed. RICHARD2, as you can see, your posts aren't amusing to most. Now you know why your posts are getting deleted and you don't need to post and ask why they got deleted like in the past.

I've heard you all have the right to freedom of speech. This may be true, but this is a privately owned and funded forum and Chuck has the right and power to delete any post that isn't related to Lawn things and to delete any post with swearing. As Moderator, I also can do this, but would rather just be able to sit back and read good interesting posts.

If any of you see something I've missed on here, please email me and bring it to my attention. I can't be on here 100% of the time, because I have a family to provide for too. Any help will be appreciated.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Charles, maybe you haven't seen all of the post in question. A point that should be made is that Eric is constantly having to go behind him a delete his post, much like tending to a child. I'm sure Eric would much rather log on and enjoy the forum instead of searching and deleting post that are tasteless at best. Eric is the moderator, not a babysitter.

6. bucktail

bucktail Member

Wow this is amazing! now members who dont like other members posts are trying to get them banned is this second grade?

7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think they haven't even entered grade school yet with all the whining. Sounds like some need to grab a tissue and wipe the snot out of their noses.

8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I see that most of yall have totally missed the point. Eric, you have done and are doing a great job. I wouldnt want your job there. Imagine the peein in the bushes comin up again. And having to read it everytime somone adds a new post. YUCK! That would definately take some enjoyment out of the forum for me if it was me. Thanks for all ya do Eric and Chuck.

Kirby, it appears (Like with so many other subjects) that we are just about the only people here that think alike. I suppose i will keep my opinions to myself and just enjoy the degredation of this forum............um, or not. hehe. Thanks for bein intelligent Kirby. Ever been thanked for that? I'm smilin just readin it. hehe.

I feel like i am telling a bunch of 2nd graders how to act like adults. That is the type of respones i am seein. Hmmm, to bad. That is kind of a dissappointment really.

GrassCTR, i just reread your post and had to edit this. I thought that you were commenting on me the frist time i read it. MY bad. Glad to have your support.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO BAN ANYONE> It wouldnt help anyways. Name change and they are back. Who can tell. I am just askin that people try to use some Rules of General Conduct in here. Not much to ask. No hitting, no yelling, share y our toys, and no running in the halls..... Or was that second grade? BAH!

Seriously though, is it to much to ask that people use common respect and decency?

Acute Cut

[Edited by Acute Cut on 09-07-2000 at 02:18 PM]

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I really do not see how any of this leads to the degradation of the forum. This forum is and will always be the no. 1 forum on the internet, even more so now with the coming aboard of TURF. 1 post out of 100 isn't gonna hurt. Some comments from people should be taken with a grain of salt. As for Peein' in the bushes, c'mon...it was funny! Are you that serious about the life that the roses no longer smell?

10. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I have to agree with acute and really, really can't believe that charles has stuck up for someone like richard2. Wasn't it you (Charles) that once posted about too many swear words
    and I even agreed that I think that this is a very good forum (probably the best) and we as adults should respect everyone and tone it down a little bit if we get too out of hand. Maybe posts like this one, once in a while are good to keep a decent place to come to and read about lawn stuff and maybe other different things. when I posted about how stupid I thought his comments and posts were one time, I was probably wrong because you really should ignore stupidity, but alot of his postings were getting out of hand.