1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Found a dealer...finally.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JFF, Mar 2, 2007.

1. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Well, I think I found what I was looking for.

I had to drive an hour, which is farther than I hoped, but not too bad considering the drive time some of you have in your routes.:laugh:

He had a Snapper 36 inch hydro WB brand new for $2899. Its only a 15 HP Kawasaki, which will be a bit underpowered, but I can live with it for a season. I looked at a used Exmark 36 inch at another dealer, and the guy wanted over $5000, and it had 500 hours.

Gonna buy 2 Shin EB630 blowers. $425 a piece.

I already have one T-272. Gonna get another.

A snapper 21 inch commercial for $950. This will only be used for places I can't access with the W.B., and clean ups/rough areas. Also considering investing in a disposable mower for rough areas.

Talked to my buddies in the biz and they said the guy gets 24 hour turnaround on most repairs, unless it requires a special order.

He is going to give me a further discount for buying it all as a package.

Anybody see any financial red flags here?
  2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Everything sounds good. I walso want to tell you that I do not think that Snapper will be under powered. I have an older Exmark 36" Belt Drive and it has a 12.5 horse on it. Does just fine.
  3. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Man, congrats on having the patience for the belt drive. I am too much of a crumudgeon. I could save myself some $ if I could stand the thought of it.

Also glad to hear I won't be cursing at my mower cause it bogs down in the zoysia.

And last but not least, thank you for the response, TLC!