1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Found a dixon black bear

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 30, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks to big lag on here, I found a classified add for a year old dixon black bear. He wants 4300 for it but I will get him down some. I know several of you are skeptical of me selling both my mowers to get a one new at $5400 so how about get this one which the guy took really good care of. The guy is taking a internship out of state and is selling his biz. Also I can get his 15 accounts he has if I buy it. Also if I sell just the phazer I can add a few hundred and get this professional ztr. Or sell the stander also and put a lot of money back in the bank. What you think about that?
  2. S man

Come on anybody?
  3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just wondering what mower you're going to get to replace the Dixon later on this summer?

Seriously, though, if you're set on it, sounds like a decent deal.
  4. S man

That's a good one, but I'm keeping the dixon forever. I feel it's going to fit me and what I'm doing. I wanted a larger 48 z that's professional, but my yards are very small so I'm getting a professional z in a 34 width. It has all the features of the big boys. And it only weighs 515-535 lbs. So it's light.
  5. S man

Bump, Just wanted to say I check out the used blackbear and it looked like crap. The guy who looks sound minded, beat this thing up. It only has 50 hrs on the hourmeter but he said it has more. It didn't ride very smooth and the throttle was jamed so you couldn't turn it down to idle and the deck was squeaking which a little grease would fix. Also scratches everywhere and the back by the muffler was all beat up. He wanted 4300 for this mower!!! I don't think so. A new one for me please.
  6. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Why did you buy the other 2 mowers, then decide they were'nt for you ?? That sounds well ,just plain stupid. Sorry S-man but it doesnt sound like your giving much thaught to your business outline. You need to think of what your gonna be mowing 90% of the time and then go with it. For small residentials the stander is a top notch commercial uint. No flame or pun intended Bro. thats alot of wasted money ! on the other machines you just purchased.:waving:
  7. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

got any up to date pictures of your equipment and what your selling? how many yards are you cutting now?
  8. S man

Check my threads on the market place and pictures forum. I have 37 accounts.
  9. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Sell your big mowers. By 5 21" push mowers. Hit Lowes on Veterans Blvd around 8am and load up 5 of the mexicans standing there and drive them from yard to yard paying them 5 bucks an hour. You just turned your business into a profit machine :)
  10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I'll pay u $4 and you work from 5 tilll dark!!!:hammerhead: