found a eb7000 in the garbage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Mar 15, 2007.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

well i found 2 eb7000 in the garbage when i was coming home from school yesterday. I usually go around this time of year and late fall right before the winter and see if landscapers are throwing out equipment in the garbage. I take off what is good and keep as spare parts, hoping down the road to find other parts to build a complete machine. i usually use the equipment to test them out, then sell the machines and make profit, or keep as backup. well in any case i had enough parts to build one complete eb7000 with all my spare parts. imma post some pictures. The machine looks a little rough since it a 2001 machine but it runs great. Do any of you guys go garbage picking like me? lol i usually find alot of good stuff.. LawnInOrder
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Sweet i never thought of that. What Dumpsters are good places to look? Around what kinds of areas?
  4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Looking through a thanks.
  5. LawnInOrder

no dumpsters for me either. I live long island so houses are close togther. If i go down the street and see a blower/ weedwacker by the crub out for garabge i just pick it up and put it in my truck. I never know when i am gunna use a switch, carb, cables, nuts bolts. i might need a aprt for a quick fix or save som money on dealer costs... Just a thought... LawnInOrder

ps. as far as where to look. I know which landscapers live where, so if i happen to go by their homes i will look and seee what they got in the garbage. I once found 2 kawi 12.5 motors out by the curb. all they needed was rebuild kits (piston, rings head gasket, plug) and misc stuff. cost me like $125 to fix both and sold one locally for $250 and kept another one a replacement if needed.
  6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Dumpster diving just ain't my thing.
  7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

aren't you the guy who bought a stolen blower from some dude for 150?
  8. LawnInOrder

nope not me... the only equipment i bought was brand new redmax handhelds... other than that everything was found in the garbage... call me a garbage picker, but i got a eb7000 for $0 so hey i do what i gutta do...

ps. nevera been dumpster diving... only garbage at the curb
  9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Even mowers? Holy hell...I have been doing EVERYTHING wrong... I buy everything, and even have been known to get mad at something and throw it away (example- John Deere Homelite POS blower for one...d*** thing NEVER ran for anything).
  10. LawnInOrder

lol nah i wish i found my mowers in the garbage. although i did find a 10hp rear mounted mototr craftsman ride on that i used when i first started doing like a house or two like 6 years ago. all my stuff i bought except for the echo's and power trimm edger. Basically i find handhleds in teh garbage and occasionally a scag deck or soemthing esle. All my redmax stuff and my lawn boy i purchased new. the scag i purchased used. but i find stuff in the garbage, and fix it up and sell for profit.