1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Found a enclose trailer what do yall think

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by superintendent, Nov 29, 2010.

1. superintendent

superintendent LawnSite Senior Member

Found a 2007 7x18 enclose trailer with a 2ft v neck. It's a Homesteader Hurcule enclose trailer with is blace with diamond plate all the way around it. It's 6ft6in in height has a side door and the back door is a ramp. dual axel with electric brakes. Roof vent and has 2 12 volt lights inside. He asking $4000 is that a good price. Thanks

2. pinecrestwoods

pinecrestwoods LawnSite Member

I would think it's not an amazing price, but trailer prices seem to vary regionally. I bought a new H&H 8x18 enclosed for a tad under $4500 a few months ago. If it's in GREAT shape and you like it, I don't think it sounds crazy expensive or anything.

I don't know anything about Homesteader brand trailers. Have you done any research on them?

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I can buy a used 8.5x24 in great condition for 3k. So, no, its not that great of a deal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I bought a brand new trailer about like that, same size, for $4,100.00 last year. So, no, that is not a great price at all.

5. superintendent

I found a Hurricane cargo factory online. Talked to them and I can get a great deal by buying directly from them. Have yall heard the name brand Hurricane before and if yes what do you think of them. They come with a 5 yr warranty.

6. superintendent

Have yall heard xtratuff trailers. Also on the hurricane trailer I can get 7x18x6.6 black with diamond plate all around. All electric with 4 plug in 4 flourant lights breaker box vee nose for 4100 2011 model how does that sound. Do yall know what the different is between a cargo enclose or a motocycle trailer?

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Just wondering what size axles? I have a 20' with the 3500lb and I will never do that again. I will get at least 5200lbs axles next time.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I have a 8.5X20 Pace Cargosport that I may be selling soon for $4500, it's an 06.

There is a pic of it on the home page of our site, link is in sig.

9. superintendent

5500lbs each

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I did not think they made 5500lb axles. I might be wrong, but it probably has 5200lb. axles. The standard trailer axles are either 3500lb, 5200lb., or 7000lb. I suppose there are others, but those 3 are generally considered the standard sizes.