Found a JD Z in the ditch this morning!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinchcomb Lawn, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

I was going to the ranch to feed the animals this morning when I noticed a small black trailer sitting off the side of the road. I slowed down to check it out, being a cop I was thinking it was stolen. I drove on about 100 yards and saw a JD 737 Z sitting in the tree line along the road with alot of damage. I got out to look at the mower it obviously came off the trailer. Sitting with the mower was the license plate to the trailer. I called the dispatcher to run the plate to check for stolen, it all came back clear. I called the officer that was working to come out so I could leave. While I was waiting the owner pulls up with a smaller JD tractor on another trailer to come and recover the other two. He ran off the road which was wet from rain the truck and trailer went one way while the 737 went fylying down the road. We loaded them up and he was off again. The trailer needs a new hitch, finders and side rails. The 737 will need and new rear wheel and front wheels and other repairs!! The truck got the worst damage. It will need a new bed side, lights and tailgate. The safety chains didn't help on this one !! The JD held up well after flying 100 yards !! :cry::hammerhead:

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Damn! was the owner ok?

3. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

The owner was good, he said it best " what a way to start a day" I'm glad I ordered my fast straps !! Seeing it in real life makes you think !! I hope he gets a better trailer, mower cost 7 grand trailer was worth maybe 250 on a good day!!