Found a truck i really like!!! Opinions?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DSLND, Sep 28, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,

I found a truck i really like, and me and the folks have been talking, and there may be a way i can get this thing! But it would mean losing something that i love; my 1968 VW convertible. But nothing is set in stone, so who knows.

Anyways, heres the specs on this beauty.

2000 Chevy K2500 HD
    4x4
    Never been plowed with
    104k miles
    I won't post the price, but its WAY overpriced, and thats a price i would never pay for this truck.

Heres some pictures. What do you think?

-Mitch-

1GCGK24R3YR161687_2.jpg

2. DSLND

Heres an interior shot.

1GCGK24R3YR161687_6.jpg

3. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me Id get it. they dont make them like that anymore and thats pretty new
    Ive had both chevy and ford. I like both

4. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

does it have hitch? if not get a stainless-steel receiver hitch they look Great Imo and they never rust

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Boo chevy, Yaya ford. Anyway not to bad of a truck, I woulden't pay an extra lot for it, 104K miles is a lot.

6. DSLND

I really like the older body styles. And like you said, its not THAT old. It has a hitch, so thats not a problem. Another thing i liked was there was just a switch to get from 2wd to 4wd, my dads jeep and my friend's F250 both have the shift. Hopefully we will go look at it again tomorrow. -Mitch-

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

The shift on the fly isn't all that great, its already blown a hub seal on my 04 F250. Thank god for lockable hubs! Anyway Ive heard older chevs don't plow well, something to do with the front suspension however I don't really know that much about them so take that with a grain of salt, maybe some one else can explain

Cheers
    Jeff

8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Nice looking truck.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

It is deffienitly a nice truck! Very clean. There are alot of trucks out there for sale so I wouldn't buy something if it is overpriced. I have the shift 4x4, its not to bad. Looks like MCW's Truck.:waving:

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member