1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

found a truck that i really like, need input

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 3, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

this is an add on plowsite that im copying over to here:

1998 GMC Sierra 2500
    8600 gvw, Ext cab, Power windows and locks, Power seat, Keyless entry, 454, Auto, Locking diff, 3.73 gears, Cold a/c, EZ dumper, Western 8 foot unimount pro, am fm cass cd.

In the last year I have put all new brakes, hubs, rotors, wheel speed sensors, pitman arm, yellow top optima, hd alternator, a/c pump, both exhaust manifolds (both gm) all exhaust studs, u joints, Just serviced a/c and its ice cold.

Truck runs and drives flawlessly. Last week I hauled 8 loads of junk and wood out of a building I tore down and it averaged 10 mpg .

82000 miles
    Asking $11,000

2. mcwlandscaping

Pic Two...........

3. mcwlandscaping

Pic Three......trying to convince my parents on this one, it really is hard to do that, im going to have them read this thread eventually about it.....be honest, but the more comments even small ones do help! thanks

4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 98 that I really like. The 454 seems pointless to me, the 350 has plenty of power---seems the 454 would be too much of a gas hog. I will sell you my 98 for 9k. 350, 2" lift, nice tires, 4 wheel drive, custom rims, sprayed in bedliner, alpine stereo, dark blue, oh and its a 2500. IN excellent condition for a 98 work truck.
  5. mcwlandscaping

got pics? would you drive it up here?
  6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

11k is too much for that truck. I wouldnt pay much over 9...
  7. mcwlandscaping

ok, thanks, thats the price im shooting for....i need comments about the truck as well, i like the 454! and i can afford the gas for it
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

They are correct. That is $2000-$4000 TOO MUCH for that truck. Do a free KBB run on it and see what the used person to person price is

ZOO YORK LawnSite Member

looks like a god truck to me, just not for 11,000. it is worth the 454 if you ask me. i feel with the plow and ez- dumper 8,500 would be fair.
  10. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks to be a really nice truck, but that 454 will be a gas hog. You might think that you'll be able to afford the gas now, but it will wear you down after a while, but that is what a big motor is for. You can never have too much power. Also, keep in mind that this truck is far from you. You might get all the way out there to find out that it isn't as it looks or it is not really what you want. Not saying that it will be, but it could happen.