1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Found another great use for Fluid Film (fixes safety concern)

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by lotsagrass, Dec 14, 2010.

1. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

My Alcoa vinyl clad windows have been very hard to open for awhile now. I kept thinking to myself, I don't think my 6 year old son would be able to open his bedroom window to escape in case of a fire. Seriously. They're that hard to open. Well, I opened the window and tilted it in to expose the curly metal rod that goes up and down inside something when you open the window and I lubed that up really well with Fluid Film. That and along the track too. The results are dramatic. Before I had to put a lot of pressure on the window to open it....straining pretty hard. NOW, I can EASILY raise it and so can my son. I honestly feel a lot better now. A few kids recently died in a fire here in town but in a different situation than I think we'd ever find ourselves in, but it was a good reminder to me that I need to do something about these windows. I'm happy now :)

Here's where I put it...

The window overall looks like this:

[​IMG]

The main place I put it was here:

[​IMG]

2. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice!! Thanks for sharing. I love the view, too.