1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Found Elvex radio headphones cheap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4-Leaf, Dec 8, 2003.

1. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

I've been wanting to buy a set of these for a long time. I read a lot of reviews on these and the Peltor Work-Tunes.

They're more expensive than the Peltors but they are rechargeable so after about 6 months, you break even and then they become cheaper since you don't have to replace batteries. Also, this appears to me to be the better set --- No thin metal wires to bend etc.

Anyway -- the price on the Elvex website is $90 plus shipping.

If anyone has been thinking the same thing for a christmas present or something, I found them HERE for $77.72 INCLUDING the shipping.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a pair direct from Northern and they arrived the other day. They are more comfortable than the Worktunes and seem more stable on your head. This may be because there is no weight from batteries.
  3. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

I bought 2 pair of the same elvex last year. One pair lasted 3 months and the other six mo. I got the peltor worktunes this year and no problems and much easier on earbones when wearing safety glasses! IMHO!
  4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

on my x-mas list!
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with wildbilly, I have had both and prefer the Peltor for comfort- especially on the temples of my glasses. I have the yellow ones I bought at Meijer for $50 and the much better Maroon ones that are supposedly dis-continued. The maroon ones are thinner and the station doesn't get lost all the time, and there is not a button that turns them on/off/am/fm. They do not have am-not a big deal to me.